The parents work abroad and were unavailable for comment.
When: December 9th, 2020
Where: Nai Mueang subdistrict, Ubon city, Ubon Ratchathani
Victims: 4 minors
What: There was a close call in the wee hours of the morning on December 9th, 2020. Four minors lit candles at the head of the bed to keep warm before sleep. The candles tipped and caught the pillows and bedding on fire, before spreading throughout the bedroom and eventually the whole house.
Firefighters took were able to subdue the fire, but the bedroom was completely destroyed. The house has suffered significant damage as well.
The four minors were able to escape without injury. The parents work abroad and were not available for comment.
Defend independent crime reporting in Thailand.
Stay informed with weekly digests of top crime stories & original reports. No selling, no spam!
My take: We’re running this story as a public service announcement. If you have Thai friends or relatives, just give them a gentle reminder of how dangerous it is to fall asleep and leaving a fire, even a small candle, unattended. This story could have turned out much, much worse. Thankfully the kids escaped.
Stay informed: True Crime Thailand has a simple mission. To deliver hard-hitting true crime stories from Thailand. We don’t pull any punches. Stay informed. Subscribe now. https://truecrimethailand.substack.com/